Midtown is a district that sits right in the heart of Houston. A thriving urban community, Midtown offers residents a convenient lifestyle with its pedestrian-friendly streets and wealth of modern amenities.
Sandwiched between the city's Downtown and Museum District, it's the perfect fit for young professionals starting their careers keen on living close to so many of Houston's most prominent employers. The area's many restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and parks are additional attractions.
The district is bordered by the intersecting I-69/US HWY 59 and I-45 corridors. The METRORail Red Line runs right across its center too, offering residents a fast and convenient commute.
For many buyers wanting to experience Houston living, especially for first-time homeowners, Midtown is the best place to be.
Midtown students are served by the Houston Independent School District, the largest Texas public school system.
Elementary and middle school
- MacGregor Elementary School
- MacGregor Music and Science Academy
- Gregory-Lincoln Education Center
- Reagan High School
- Thomas high School
- John H Reagan high School
- University of St. Thomas
- HCC Central Performing and Visual Arts
- Houston Community College Central
Midtown's real estate is a great mix of old and new developments. Once thought of as a sleepy neighborhood, Midtown has seen a recent spike in developments. Thoughtful planning has transformed the neighborhood into a thriving urban community.
Properties in Midtown include:
- Single-family residences
- Multi-family homes
- Stylish new apartments
- Townhomes and single-family residences offering an array of:
- Traditional to open-space floor plans
- Classic to contemporary architectural styles
At a glance
Few neighborhoods can claim the mix of great perks Midtown residents enjoy.
- Midtown boasts a Walk Score of 84/100 , making it Houston's most pedestrian-friendly neighborhood. Everything you need groceries, restaurants, and shopping - is just a few steps away.
- Its Transit Score of 83/100 is equally high, thanks to the METRORail Red Line which runs through the district, as well as bus lines like the Greyhound and more.
- It's got a Bike Score of 72/100.
- Major transportation routes are nearby like the I-69/US HWY 59, I-10 and I-45 take you to places from the Inner Loop to the Houston Energy Corridor and others in about 30 minutes.
- It's close to a diverse range of businesses and company offices like:
- Oil giants Exxon, Shell, Baker Hughes, and Chevron
- Major healthcare providers at the Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical complex less than 20 minutes away
- Retailers like the Kroger Company, H-E-B, and Wal-Mart
- Continental Airlines, JPMorgan Chase, and more
- The Museum District right next door is home to more than 29 museums, art galleries, and cultural centers in four walkable areas.
- More than 60 restaurants, watering holes, and coffee shops surround Midtown's Main St. and Bagby St.
- Bagby Park is good for people-watching, socializing, relaxation, and outdoor activities. Residents enjoy its dog park, picnic tables, kiosks, water features, art pieces, and bocce court. There's also the Midtown Park to look forward to when it opens.
Midtown is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Midtown
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Midtown stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, Wale Lawal can help! Wale Lawal are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Midtown. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
Wale Lawal is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned Wale Lawal has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Midtown is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact Wale Lawal at 832.776.9582 today for a tour of the area.