The Medical Center is both a medical complex and a neighborhood, spanning over 1,345 acres.
As the largest medical complex in the world, it boasts topnotch facilities for basic science, translational research and patient care. It is visited by eight million patients a year and provides employment to more than 106,000 people.
As a neighborhood, the Med Center lies just three miles from downtown Houston and has more to offer than just exceptional healthcare and career opportunities in life sciences. Its residents have access to excellent public schools, a variety of real estate choices and a plethora of entertainment options.
Efficient public transport comes in the form of three METRORail Red Line stations, while direct access to major roadways like the Southwest Freeway and Loop 610 makes it easy to get around.
Public schools in the Med Center were named among the best in Texas and are under the domain of the Houston Independent School District. School options include:
- Roberts Elementary School
- Poe Elementary School
- Pin Oak Middle School
- Lanier Middle School
- Pershing Middle School
- Lamar High School
- DeBakey High School
- High School for the Visual and Performing Arts
- Carnegie Vanguard
- Baylor College of Medicine
- HCC Coleman College for Health Sciences
- UT Health School of Nursing
- Texas Woman's University Institute of Health Sciences
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
- Rice University
The Med Center's housing market is one of the best performing markets among Houston's neighborhoods over a one, five and 10-year period.
The housing stock includes single family older and new construction homes, luxury townhomes and condos in gated communities and apartment communities suitable for students or temporary university or Med Center employees or students.
Single-family homes range from charming two-bedroom bungalows to large, newly constructed homes. Lot sizes average around 6,500 square feet.
At a glance
The Med Center's strategic location brings residents close to numerous indoor and outdoor attractions.
- The Houston Zoo has over 6,000 animals in its care. About two million visitors come every year for a chance to feed the giraffes or catch a glimpse of the Koolookamba, a purported chimpanzee-gorilla hybrid.
- Hermann Park is filled with landscaped plazas, lush gardens, glimmering reflection pools and an amphitheater, making it perfect for a day or evening outing.
- With over 2.5 million square feet of retail space, the Houston Galleria shopping mall is minutes away and features a wide selection of shops and restaurants. Anchor stores include Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
- Ice at Galleria, a skating rink inside Houston Galleria Shopping Mall, is open seven days a week.
- The nearby Museum District gives Med Center residents access to over 19 museums, including the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston and the Museum of Fine Arts.
- NRG Park, which includes the NRG Stadium and grounds, plays host to concerts, trade shows, exhibitions, and the renowned Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- The Fresh Bistro and Coffee Corner at the Texas Children's Pavilion for Women was named the best cafeteria in the Med Center by Houstonia Magazine. The sweet potato fries and burgers are crowd favorites.
- Cliff's Grill serves a wide variety of juicy burgers, such as mushroom Swiss, black bean and buffalo.
Medical Center is considered one of the best places to live in when you have young children and is also the best area for those looking for one of the best places to relocate!
Live the Life You've Always Imagined in Medical Center
Samuel Johnson once wrote "To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition". This expression is true for many Americans. Of all the components that make up a happy life, your home is one of, if not the most important.
When it comes to living, Medical Center stands out above the rest as a fantastic community that enjoys both sheer natural area beauty with terrific homes featuring diverse architectural designs with many homes on acreage. If you're looking to find your dream home outside crowded city areas, Wale Lawal can help! Wale Lawal are local and experienced real estate agents who specialize and surrounding suburbs as well as exclusive and new, just listed real estate listings in Medical Center. When you're ready to relocate from New York City, you'll find safe and traditional neighborhoods as well as having city night life and dining city life offers.
Wale Lawal is well known for seamless real estate transactions, and expertly matching clients to properties that meet their specific lifestyle needs and goals. This adept skill has earned Wale Lawal has earned the trust of hudreds of home buyers and investors.
You've worked hard all of your life and you deserve a home that brings more joy, comfort and inspiration into your life. First, you must consider what it is in a home that makes you happy. Each home in Medical Center is marked by its own elegant and distinctive features - there is something everyone!
Contact Wale Lawal at 832.776.9582 today for a tour of the area.